Biyernes, Mayo 22, 2015

College Life, an Exaggeration

"Like OMG!! college is the bestestestttt 4 years of your life. Like no other years in life will match your college years. Like you meet so many different people and like you meet your bestest friends forever here!"


Now obviously this is exaggerated. I would hope no one defends college with that exact claim. But on to my question. What are your opinions on college? Do you think it's overrated? DO you think it's a nice experience? What? And I BEG of all of you to refrain from the "college is what you make of it" comments. We know that. Anything in life is what you make of it so singling out college as "what you make of it" is kinda silly.

Edit: Not to be mean or anything, but can incoming freshman refrain from posting "what they think college is going to be like" here? I don't mind you posting here but there's nothing more annoying than incoming freshman who think they know all and then when they get to college and see how different it is they want to run here and fill the forums with "It's been a week and still made no friends!!!" threads.



For me, I think college is nice. You meet different people, you hear different views/opinions. You have people who come from different walks of life and it's nice to see that everyone has a different story to tell. Furthermore, some of the courses you take are interesting. However, I do think certain aspects are over-hyped. Though we probably meet "interesting" people, you can meet interesting people during later and other stages in life. You can meet your "best friends for life" during later stages in life as well (i.e. I remember reading from a user here named "williamsdad" stating that he didn't meet his best friend in either high school or college but some other stage in his life -- I forgot where though).

Aside from this, I wouldn't want college to be the "best 4 years of my life." I wouldn't want my best 4 years of my life to have been achieved by the young age of 21. Also, I think I should make every year to be the best year of my life and forget the hype about particular years. I just feel hyping certain years is a recipe for unnecessary disappointment.

So all in all, I would say college is nice. I wouldn't say and wouldn't want these to be my best 4 years of my life, but I certainly think my college years would be some of my memorable years.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento